Hello, all. I'm Xavier, and this is my blog. I doubt many will read it. In fact, I am sure only one person will ever really read this, but it won't hurt to put my thought down and give people the option to read them. The only reason I even created this thing is due to a long time and dear friend of mine. We always chat online when she's at work and told me "You're so entertaining." She followed it up with a "You should start a blog" a few moments later. Normally I wouldn't do anything of the sort, but she's a beautiful woman, and beautiful women will always have this unwavering power over men to be able to get them to do anything they want.
Naturally, a few minuets after she suggested this (less than ten minuets passed), I pulled up blogspot.com and filled out the info I needed to. When it came to choosing a screen name, I was stumped. I'm very particular when it comes to naming things --and particular is putting it mildly-- especially when it comes to a thing that's going to stick around for a while. (To this day, I regret my PS3 Network screen name.) So, I got to thinking. I'm arrogant and I'm okay with it, so maybe having some form of the word arrogant in the name, but nothing came to mind. My beautiful friend is very witty. Her wit is something I have always admired in her. So, I asked her for some ideas. She suggested something very cheesy, but I'm pretty sure she said it as a joke. (If anyone's curious as to her suggestion, just know that is had something to do with my eye color and a precious jewel. Lame, I know.) After spit balling for a few minuets, I got an idea. "Since you're the inspiration for this, I got the idea of using something from our past to put in the name." She grew pensive thinking I would use something embarrassing, like the event that happened in January of 2007, or a pageant that her mother forced us to take place in, together, or something from my 18th birthday (that was an amazing day, and I still reminisce about that German Chocolate cake she made me). That's when she mentioned we have "a common advanced intelligence." That was gold. If someone was to ask me to describe myself, one of the words I would use would be erudite.
Now, to pick up and explain the other part of my moniker. Shortly after highschool, I came across this very pretty girl in cyberspace. As it happened, she was from the same town as me, and was going to college here. What caught my eye about her wasn't her aesthetics since pretty girls come dime a dozen (thus there's tons of ways for men to get in trouble), but rather the way she spoke and wrote. I had always been very critical about the way people write, especially my peers. This girl was amazing. She could have been one of the Greek poets, or she could have written a classic from the English Romantic Era. I fell in love with her writing. What ensued after falling in love with her writing isn't very important. What matters is part of my screen name is an homage to her.
Thus, CallMeErudite was created. So, my charming Croatian friend, you minx, I hope you enjoy this. Maybe a few others will read it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment